Democrats On the Write
The Democrats running for President of the United States sure are busy at their keyboards (or, whatever they use to write) churning out the books. It is almost like writing a book is the price of entry.
Some of the candidates have been writing books “all by themselves” (apparently) while others work with another author.
Joe Biden wrote Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics.
Bill Richardson wrote Between Worlds: The Making of an American Life.
Chris Dodd wrote Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice.
John Edwards co-edited Ending Poverty in America: How to Restore the American Dream and wrote Home: The Blueprints of Our Lives.
Barack Obama wrote The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream and Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.
Dennis Kucinich wrote The Courage to Believe and A Prayer for America.
Hillary Clinton re-published her famous 1996 book It Takes a Village with a new forward.
Last, even Mike Gravel has a book called Citizen Power: A People's Platform (it was published at some point in the 70s and is apparently out of print).
I am not positive this is a complete list (politicians write a lot). If I missed one, let me know.
Either way, I have not read any of their books (not a time travel thriller in the bunch). But, I think that I should. So, I’ll start with It Takes a Village (mostly because I already bought it and Citizen Power looks like it costs over $400).
No comments:
Post a Comment