Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Enchantress Of Florence Will Have To Wait

When I heard Salman Rushdie talk about his book Shalimar the Clown on NPR I bought it immediately. I mean right away (that day). In hardcover. In 2005. What do I have to say about it? Nothing. I still have not read it.

So, having just had a similar experience (again, NPR is the culprit) with The Enchantress of Florence, I have decided to wait for the paperback version. The thing is that I have never read any of Rushdie's books. Ever. I don't even know if I would like them.

As a result, I'll definitely buy it, but will wait until it is 20% off and in paperback.

1 comment:

ptjew said...

Don't read Shalimar the Clown. It was the only Rushdie book I read. I listened to it on tape. Check out more blog for more details.

I do have a question for you. When I was in high school there was something we did in English class which I called the 4 sentence book report format. Ever heard of it? Know the format? I think I do but want validation.