Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can Yucel And Chuck Klosterman's Nemesis

There is a poem (or portion of a poem) called "Living Life in Reverse" that I wrote about here.  I really wanted to know the name of the author and an anonymous person posted a comment letting me know that the author's name is Can Yucel.

This answer was provided awhile ago, but at first review I thought it was a "Seymour Butts" (reminiscent of the Simpson's) type joke (i.e. I thought it was a joke/spam meaning "Can You Sell").  Anyway, that is not the case and after a quick look it seems Yucel is an interesting author and a very difficult Jeopardy! question.

Now, my other question should have been answered much more easily.  I wanted to know who Chuck Klosterman's nemesis is (as described in Killing Yourself to Live) and I wrote about that here.  As it turns out, his name is Rex Sorgatz (apparently).  Per his LinkedIn profile, he could definitely be included in a list of Minnesota digerati (even though it looks like he lives in NYC now).

But, I have to admit (after reading the profile), I am a little disappointed that Klosterman has no idea what Sorgatz does (unless that is part of the 15% of the book that is not true).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you check Sorgatz's web page, he has at least two essays where he talks specifically about points in Klosterman's book.


I'm still dying to find out what was "Chuck's 9/11"