And Then There's This: How Stories Live And Die In Viral Culture
Just to be clear, I am definitely going to read And Then There's This: How Stories Live and Die in Viral Culture by Bill Wasik. I normally would not read a book related to social media that is so old (first published in June 2009), because that means it was likely written at least a year before that and is even older in terms of thinking.
Frankly, I think six months is the shelf life of these ideas, which, from what I understand is one of Wasik's points. I just heard him on NPR (cannot find the audio file of the interview right now) and he cites the "churn and burn" nature of ideas as one of the issues (i.e. bad) of the Age.
We will see. I hope the book is interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment